13-year-old student commits suicide.
A class four pupil of the Bethel Preparatory School in Somanya, Eastern Region, has reportedly committed suicide.
- The minor was found hanging on the second floor of the school building Sunday evening.
- Sources say the deceased had complained of losing “pocket money” sent to him by his father.
- Police are investigating the matter.
Two kids die in Tema fire.
Two girls, ages 4 and 14, were killed in a dawn fire at Tema New Town.
- The children were reportedly trapped and burnt to death when the blaze set fire to the makeshift wooden structure they were sleeping in at a place popularly known as Zimbay Spot.
- Mary Kwenor, mother of one of the children, heard the screams of her child and the other girl but was unable to help them because of the intensity of the fire.
- The Fire Service say investigations are ongoing to ascertain the cause of the fire.
GOIL reduces fuel prices to one of the lowest around.
Ghana Oil has dropped its fuel prices yet again, making them now some of the lowest prices in the industry.
- The company is now selling a litre of petrol at ₵3.42 and diesel at ₵2.98.
- This is a result of further reduction in fuel prices this week by the Chamber of Bulk Oil Distributors in line with full price deregulation.
- Meanwhile, UBI still holds the title of lowest fuel prices in Ghana, selling a litre of petrol for ₵3.36.