Even more important than what you wear is how well your clothes fit you. Follow these tips to get a well-fitted dress shirt.
- Should just graze your neck without constricting it.
- If you turn your head and your collar turns with it, your collar is too tight.
- You should be able to fit two fingers inside your collar without causing it to tighten against your skin.
- Should extend to where the palm begins, about 2cm up the wrist bone.
- Should be tight enough that it doesn’t travel over the notch where your thumb connects to your wrist.
- Should be a bit looser than a watch.
- Should lie on your shoulder bone.
- If you can see the details of your arms, the sleeves are too tight.
- If the sleeves billow, they are too loose.
- When you bend your arm, the cuff should not move more than an inch up your wrist.
- Bending and normal moving should not cause the shirt to become untucked.
- Similarly, if you fold your arms behind your head, the shirt should not become untucked.
- Should not be tight around the shoulder.
Most important, have a tailor take your measurements to make shopping easier. But still try on any new style to be sure you have the best possible fit.