Akufo Addo to present “true” State Of the Nation Address.
Opposition leader Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo Addo will deliver what he calls “the real State Of the Nation Address” on Monday, February 29 at 10:00 am from the College of Physicians and Surgeons.
- The NPP flagbearer made the announcement on Twitter Friday, a day after President John Dramani Mahama delivered his last State of the Nation Address (SONA) of his first term.
- Among other things, the president boasted that he resolved the 4-year-long power crisis, added valuable infrastructure, and elevated Ghanaians through his education initiatives.
- The opposition parties have criticised the president for boasting of ordinary achievements common to every administration and for misrepresenting the truth with a few examples supposedly representing the effect of his policies on all.
Two gunned down by suspected Fulani herdsmen at Agogo.
Two residents of Agogo in the Ashanti Region were shot and killed on their farms Friday evening.
- The incident, which took place around 4:30 pm, is suspected to have been carried out by Fulani herdsmen in the region.
- One person who had gone to fetch water around the farms of the victims escaped unhurt.
- He reportedly told Joy News he saw the assailants take to their heels after firing at their victims.
- The witness said security officials had taken the bodies to the Agogo Hospital.
- The incident comes at a time when Government has deployed a special task force to Agogo and its environs to drive out the Fulanis and their cattle following clashes between them and indigenes in their areas of residence.
- Indigenous farmers claim the Fulani are terrorizing them, while the Fulani claim they are the victims of farmers who want them out of areas the Fulani signed an agreement years ago to graze their cattle on.